Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Halong Bay and Hanoi, Vietnam

Flew into Hanoi from Saigon before cruising out to take a boat across Halong Bay



Halong Bay is absolutely beautiful, there were boats and massive limestones as far as I could see



I was posting it on the Phoenix cruiser - straight up baller



It was bright and early when this was taken; just getting ready to have my coffee before setting out for the open sea



The sights from the top deck of the boat were absolutely incredible - gigantic limestones shooting out from the ocean



Took a little journey out to see the floating villages



I gotta get me one of these houses right on the water



It was so peaceful being out here in the middle of the ocean



Stopped on one of the really massive limestones to venture into a cave



Coming out from the cave, caught one of these cruisers just between the trees



Stopped by a fish farm just off the coast of Halong Bay too, which was really neat to see



When we parked just off the coast of Cat Ba Island, I was amazed at the number of cruisers I saw



Shot from the balcony of my hotel on the coast of Cat Ba Island



More floating villages that I got to check out on the way back to Hanoi; I loved the glassy turquoise color of the water



Shot of Hanoi as I got back into town - Saigon and Hanoi are like night and day



Went to check out a really cool little pagoda in the middle of a lake in Hanoi



It's funny to see the stares that I get in some of these places



Of course, when I was heading back to Saigon while waiting at the airport, I ran into some monks and had to take advantage of the photo-op

No comments: